Key facts about Avon UK
- Established in the US in 1886, Avon Products Inc. is the world’s biggest direct selling beauty company.
- Avon sells more lipstick, nail enamel, eye-make-up, fragrance and skincare than any other brand in the UK (according to independent market researchers TNS).
- Avon Representatives invest as much time in their Avon business as they choose, selling from as little as a couple of lipsticks a week to their friends, for some extra spending money, to running businesses of over 500 Representatives, turning over more than £1 million per annum.
- One in three women in the UK is an Avon customer(according to independent market researchers Ipsos MORI).
- Six million women in the UK see an Avon brochure every three weeks.
- 750,000 products are shipped each day at Avon Cosmetics UK’s distribution centre in Corby.
- Avon UK has raised over £14 million for breast cancer charities since 1992
For the full introduction to Avon Cosmetics, go here.
HMRC requires you to register as self-employed once you start working for Avon, so that they can calculate if you owe any tax. See what to do about your tax on the Avon site, or you can register as self-employed on the HMRC site.
Your admin fee
There is a minimal admin cost when you register to become an Avon Representative of £15. This is NOT paid upfront, but comes off your earnings after you place your first order. You will not be charged anything until your first customer order is placed.
The amount is split into two halves of £7.50 each. It is simply to cover the cost of your training, first two packs of brochures, and the sign up resources.
“It is illegal for a promoter or participant in a trading scheme to persuade anyone to make a payment by promising benefits from getting others to join a scheme. Do not be misled by claims that high earnings are easily achieved.”
High earnings can be achieved through hard work, and your own perseverance. What you want to put in will influence how much you are able to achieve from this opportunity.